on the details of
The Sustainable Development Centre (SDC) is a group of like-minded people who are energetic and keenly interested in community development. The members of the organization are all local people who work voluntarily for the development of their state. SDC was established in the year 1990 and registered under Manipur Societies Registration Act, 1989. The organization started working through networking process and was involved in building people’s capacity on the issues like health, socio-economic development, human rights, gender education, peace promotion programme etc. Lamabam Pishak Singh, is the Project Holder of SDC. He was the Secretary of the ‘All India Students Federation, Moirang Council’. He has also become a trainer for LCP (Local Capacity for Peace), gender, conflict analysis, under UNM-M. He worked with the marginalized community and he was the part of movement on AFSPA, Globalization, human right issues. He worked very closely with the marginalized community of the LOKTAK lake area and organized the marginalized community for the entitlement right. He has also been involved in MACR and prime moved the district process of MACR at Bishnupur district.
SDC is working in 4 villages in the peripheral area of the Bishnupur, Senapati and the Churachandpur district of Manipur State. The source of income are mostly pulling rickshaw, running ration shop, selling fish and vegetables, money lending, weaving, agriculture, alcohol vendor, etc. It is found that those who are economically poor are also socially marginalized; ethnic feeling, patriarchy and HIV AIDS are important reason for that. The scenario is such that only influential and rich people have access to critical services. Due to societal norms and rituals, women are in subordination position. Economically marginalized people cannot think and opt for education. A large portion of the people is affected by HIV/AIDS. It is also noted that religion political, globalization market ethnic conflict, migration, education, internal displacement has changed the life of the operational area and society become scattered. This has impacted the lives of the children very adversely. The violation of the rights of the children are so prominent that there future is insecure as the value of the society are not given scopes for promotion rather life became challenge in present socio economic and political context.
- Building and strengthening Community Based Organizations, People’s Organizations, Voluntary Organizations, Women groups, Self Help Groups etc in rights based approach.
- Building capacities of the People to respond to injustice.
- Understanding the situation and impact of globalization, gender inequality, AFSPA, Arms conflict for long term intervention to establish peace and harmony.
- Form community platform for collective movement without violence to ensure human values.
- More alignment with alliance [MACR] to raise voice against exploitation and child right violation.
Review and Impact
Sustainable Development Centre is working in the field of community development and people’s empowerment for establishing justice and equity in non violent ways since last 7 years. The organization has strong linkage with the community and is close to people at the grass root level. In the span of CRY partnership, SDC has been able to create an environment within the community that is child friendly.
- Running of four child centres in Sendra, Nungjengkom, Kwakta and Ithing.
- 70 children from the marginalized household are being engaged in child centre which cater as temporary alternative arrangement for pre-school education.
- Formed four clubs in four villages where 370 children participate in collective processes.
- About 400 children and 500 parents were involved in more than 15 cultural events organised in all the operational villages.
- 585 children were immunized, primary health check-up conducted for 65 children and 42 pregnant women.
- Collection and analysis of basic data related to child right violation (Education, trafficking, health, child labour) and sharing of information to the villagers on child right issues.
- 63 non school going children mainstream in government school education system.
- Functioning of child centre at community level, for developing the child friendly atmosphere and also the place for developing the child rights debate, child cultural programme, formation of children’s club.
- Organizing children’s cultural programme at community level for creating a culture for recognizing the talent of children and also promoting learning process from the children.
- Capacity building with the youths on holistic child right issues.
- Community level collective action for activation of school through the meaningful involvement of village education committee in education system.
- Organizing media campaign as advocacy tool for activation of education institutions.
- Perspective building among the youths and developmental workers on Child Right centricity issues.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- Right to Development
- Right to Survival
- Right to Protection
- Right to Participation
- Total Grant Approved
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics