on the details of
Sankalp Manav Vikas Sansthan was established in 1992 in Parbhani region for lending voice and support to the oppressed Dalit women and children. The organization is offshoot of Rural Development centers activities to be broadening in other Marathwada region under campaign for human rights. Now SMVS is spreading its campaign in Parbhani, Aurangabad, Jalna, Hingoli districts in Marathwada Region. The organization, since its inception, has taken up the cause of marginalized communities particularly migration, exploitation by sugar cooperatives, gender atrocities, child education and child labor. Mr. Sudhakar Kshirsagar the project holder of SMVS is well aware of socio-economic situations in Marathwada Region and in Parbhani district. He has not only strengthened the organization but also strategized regional networks in their work at grass root level. SMVS operates in 60 villages of Pathri, Manvat and Selu talukas of Parbhani District and 10 villages of Udgir taluka in Latur District. CRY supported intervention area is spread across 40 villages.
The project area is known for abject poverty, poor development where toil and struggle describe the daily lives of the marginalized people. The overall literacy rate is lesser than the State average. Lack of livelihood options lead families to migrate in nearby sugarcane factories. The worst affected are the landless families and families with marginal land holding. There is high incidence of child marriage and women are prone to sexual abuse. The villages do not have access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food due to which malnutrition impacts the Right to Survival of children. Major causes of early death among children are premature birth, respiratory infections, malnutrition, diarrhoea, fever and measles which can be prevented at early stages. Premature births, low birth weight babies and infantile malnourishment are in turn, indicators of the poor health and nutrition status of mothers. Access to elementary education is the main issue in Marathwada region. The villages have schools only upto IV standard without any basic infrastructure.
- To create awareness and educate community on Child Rights .
- Campaign for Right to Education and Right to Work with special focus on capacitating community to take forward CSS campaign.
- Monitoring ICDS program and motivating people to demand new centres in their hamlets. Campaign on activating and retaining activation of sub centers/ PHC’s and demands new Sub centers.
- Campaign for enrolment of all children in government schools and for retention of all enrolled children.
- To campaign on immunization, IMR / CMR health check up and supplementary food.
- Campaign for Land Encroachment and Entitlement of the encroached land to continue.
Sankalp Manav Vikas Sansthan (SMVS) has played a critical role in establishing child rights across Parbhani and Latur district. SMVS has made substantial efforts in activation of the PHC and the Sub Centres from the operational area. Efforts made to arrest the migration of children in sugarcane industries and brick kiln work were met with good success. Sankalp organised cadre building training programme in which 43 youth participated and received training on operational dimension of Maharashtra Rural Employment Guarantee Schemes. This CRY partner has done advocacy for 100% enrolment campaign with support of community and school administration. The team effort has resulted in conversion of 3 schools into permanent ZP school. SMVS has consistently advocated prevention of child marriage & discouraged child labour in all its meetings and campaigns. Awareness drive has been taken up in all the schools to promote retention in the schools and with parents. Sankalp team has strong associations with the CBO groups, mainly consisting of Mahila Mandals in the operational area.
- 122 new birth registrations done and 1157 children covered under complete immunization during this year.
- 2087 received health check up from Primary Health Centres.
- 3260 children received supplementary nutrition from ICDS centres.
- 227 children identified and stopped from migration and ensured continuity of their education through involvement of community and the school administration.
- 474 out of school children mainstreamed into formal education.
- Orientation given on RTE Act in all 40 CRY supported villages in Parbhani and Latur district.
- 62 child labour below the age of 14 years were identified and advocacy done with parents group and teachers group for readmission in formal schools.
- Campaign for birth and death registration.
- Campaign for activation of Primary Health Centre (PHC) and health sub centres.
- Critically study the Right to Education Act and share the clarity with the volunteers identified from all 40 operational villages.
- Campaign for 100% enrolment and retention in primary and secondary schools.
- Identification of children with disability and issuance of disability certificates to identified children in operational area.
- To initiate campaign on right to protection of destitute, widowed and deserted women from the operational area.
- To strengthen the existing children’s group with consistent interactions and provide opportunities and space for children’s groups to voice their opinion.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- Right to Survival
- Right to Participation
- Total Grant Approved
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics