on the details of
Mr. Manoj Kumar and Vijay Kumar two friends decided to work on social issues and formed Rashtriya Jharkhand Seva Sansthan(RJSS) in 999 with two friends Mr. Ram Nandan Prasad and Mr. Birendra Kumar with a vision to make a model society where injustice and atrocities have no place.
Satgama block is comprised of 14 Gram Panchayats and 144 Revenue villages with a total population of about 75,000. Most common issues of the area are untouchability, discrimination among castes and communities based on social and economic stratification. Gender discrimination is also common. Scheduled caste and dalits are mostly wage earners and eke out their living by working in brick kilns, sometime by rearing animals, leaf plate making and mica collection in abandoned mines.
These people seasonally migrate to other places for livelihood sources. Malnourishment among dalit children is the single biggest issue. It has a linkage with the gross disparity between dalits and the rest of the communities. Working children who used to collect Dhibra (small debris of mica) along with their parents were denied their rights to have an education. Alcoholism among the adults was a common cause for further neglect of children. Dalits are mostly landless people and dependent on daily labor. A part of this community is also dependent on forest based livelihood and the rest work as daily labor. Bonded labor was common among dalits until very recently as they used to work on upper caste peoples land and were given land to reside over. There are villages were people still do not have land rights even on their homestead lands.
- To create awareness among community regarding the rights of children's education, health, nutrition and prevention of the child abuse, child marriage and child labor.
- To enhance collective knowledge and power of the target group to secure their entitlements in regards to livelihood, social security, education, health and nutrition.
- Liason with government agencies to develop model school, hospital and ICDS centers by strengthening the existing government institutions.
- To develop institutional mechanisms for the realization of rights on a sustainable basis.
- Provide basic education, health, nutrition and social infrastructure to mainstream the children.
Review and Impact
- Analysis of the basic problem through development of micro plan and empower the target community and establish the institutional mechanism for realization of their rights and entitlement in respect of health, education and child abuse.
- Formation and empowerment of community groups and other village level institutions.
- Creation of a model School, hospital and ICDS centers so that it can be replicated in the area.
- Capacitating the school management, teachers, Sahiya, Hospital Management unit to create a model of providing services in the area.
- Assist the school, hospitals and ICDS centres by holistic collaboration by the community and by supporting from the project fund to create a model.
- Providing a common place for the children to get their rights information.
- Providing technical and motivational support to children, CBOs, PRI members, SHGs and other village level institutions for advocacy and long term sustainability.
- Mainstreaming the excluded target community to mainstream their children by ensuring their participation in planning, decision making.
- Working with various stakeholders for implementation of various government schemes.
- Capacity building of the staff on rights and entitlement of the children and also the existing committee.
- Development of micro plan, giving special focus on child rights, mapping of the vulnerable children, assisting with target services, and resource mapping with a special focus on the children.
- Formation or strengthening of existing village health committee,
- Rogo Kalyan Samiti of Hospitals and Mata Samiti in the ICDS centers to start strengthening the existing systems.
- To focus on creating a model of providing services by assisting the schools, hospital andICDS centres and also by supporting small fund to uplift the services.
- Additional support provided through computer education to enhance the skill of the students and create interest in the studies in view of creating a model institution.
- Supporting the schools on cultural activities and on sports in view of creating a model school.
- Advocacy at the block level and district level to get all the specified services in the institution.
- Mobilizing community groups for creating pressure among the government for getting the services needed.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- Right to Development
- Right to Survival
- Right to Protection
- Right to Participation
- Total Grant Approved
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics