on the details of
In 1992 Mrs. J. Lalithamma established People’s Organization for Rural Development (PORD) with an objective to build awareness and knowledge among dalits and to work for holistic and sustainable development. PORD started its activities in Thamballapalle Mandal which is underdeveloped and where the situation of dalit and tribal (especially of women and children) is poor. Presently it is operating in Thambalapalle and Madanapalle Mandals. PORD is able to form 65 village sanghas and 25 slums sanghas for urban.
PORD is working in two Mandals of Chittoor district- Madnapalle and Thambalapalle where dalits and tribes are poorest of the poor and they are unable to meet basic needs like education, health and land. Child marriages occur in SC, ST families particularly below the age of 15 years. Child labor increases in SC, ST and BC families leading to child migration and related issues. Children cannot access quality of education, health and nutrition food. Caste based discrimination and Gender discrimination are mostly prevalent in the operational area. 146 child trafficking cases found in the operational area. It is more among ST and BC community.
- To protect the rights of the children, especially right to health, education and dignity.
- To conduct campaigns for protections of child Rights.
- To ensure enforcement of right to survival, protection, development and participation of children through strengthening of child collectives in the operational areas at all level.
- To empower the marginalized communities and build up awareness on the social realities.
- To strengthen local panchathi governance systems.
- To conduct awareness campaigns on hygnic and sanitation.
- To mobilize livelihood resources from the Governments for the needy communities/people.
Review and Impact
Madnapalle urban is covering 11436 families and 14825 children. PORD is covering 4480 families and 8375 children at Thamballapalle.
During the last year
- Infant Mortality ratio was reduced to 5/1000 through awareness rising among pregnant women, strengthening, ICDS centers, and health centers.
- Out of 1092 deliveries, 1066 were institutional deliveries and 26 home deliveries.
- 58% births (1300 births = Madnapalle 664 + Thambalapalle 636) were registered.
- Out of 578 child labors, 132 were mainstreamed in schools.
- 4 quarterly meetings for children federation held at Mandal level.
- 165 children participated in meetings.
- One community awareness program held for improving basic infrastructure facilities in ICDS, PHC's, Sub centers, schools & hostels and for new ICDS centers.
- 3 days cultural training for Balala Sangham leaders conducted in which 60 children (30 from each Mandal) participated.
- IMR to be reduced to 4/1000.
- To ensure birth certificates to 60% (582+new babies) children of 0-1 years and immunization of 90% (5593 + new babies) children of 0-5 years.
- 50 childrenwill be removed from malnutrition status.
- Strengthening of 6 ICDS centers and demand for 4 new ICDS centers.
- Enrollment of 1099 children (3-5 years) in ICDS centers will be ensured for pre school education.
- One PHC centre and 2 Sub centers will be strengthened whereas 1 new subcenter will be demanded at Thambalapalle.
- 100 drop out children and 50 child labours will be re-enrolled in schools.
- 10 Govt. schools will be strengthened, and 10 schools to be upgraded.
- 60 children with disability will be ensured medical certificate.
- 25 villages /colonies will be made 100% child marriage free.
- 10 villages /colonies will made 100% child-trafficking-free.
- 5 new Balala Sanghas will be formed and 10 will be stegthened.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- Right to Development
- Right to Survival
- Total Grant Approved
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics