on the details of
Gramya Vikas Trust was founded by Prof. D.S.Ker in the year 1986-87 with the object of correcting eco-environment imbalance and there by paving way for developing agriculture and animal husbandry and improving the lives of the poor farmers. At the initial days, the organization had to work hard to develop its own understating on gender issues as well as work towards changing mindset of the community. Today, there are some 1500 women members organized in 117 self help groups.
In the project area there are only 3 government schools in Bandar areas till std 5th. Only Rupenbadar village has 1 school till 8th std and for further studies they have to go to Dwarka or private schools. In all 3 Bandar area has a school management committee formed, but all the committee are in paper and most of the members are not aware about the rules & responsibilities of SMC. In GVT operational area the total no. of children in the age group of 3-6 years old are 500 (M 234 & F 266) and as per the Anganwadi all children are registered in their respective operational area. The lack of educational opportunities, limited livelihood opportunities & cultural issues children get engage or married in very early age. As per the BLD year 2012, children get engage in age of 6-14 and age of 14-18 get married in Muslim community.
- Ensure all the children get birth & death registration certificate.
- Ensure all children & pregnant women get immunized in intervention area.
- Build perspective on Child Right’s among staff and MASS.
- Ensure sensitization & activation of health service in intervention area.
- To improve the accessibility & quality of education in pre-primary schools.
- Capacity building of team on child right issues.
- To strengthen the women’s group on child Right issues.
- Create children groups in intervention area.
Review and Impact
- Due to door to door visit in the operational area, meeting with Aanganwadi teachers, survey etc, all birth and death were registered from 3 Bandar.
- All pregnant women from 3 Bandar were immunised due to door to door meeting, survey during which they ensured that any cases of home delivery or private hospitals also were registered with Grampanchayat.
- 100% immunisation was ensured for pregnant women. 56% of children new born completed immunization process.
- 91% reduction in malnutrition was achieved through various campaigns and awareness programs.
- Demand for construction of 3 complete Anaganwadi in 3 bhandars was fulfilled.
- Awareness meeting conducted in operational area, to make sure parents and children are present during the “Shala-Pravesh” program. 100% children enrolled in “Shala-Pravesh” program Total number of children in school are 116. 85 drop-out children re-enrolled in school .
- 13 child labour cases identified and rescued .4 under age child marriage prevented.
- 5 children groups formed in 3 Bandar.
- Ensure 100% enrolment of children in 3 Bandar age of 3-18 years old & retain in school.
- 100 % re-enrollment of identified drop out children & continue children in schools.
- Improve children’s access to school infrastructure in 3 primary school and strengthening SMC under RTE.
- To ensure 100 % children & pregnant women free and quality of services.
- To ensure 100% immunization of children & pregnant women.
- To ensure 100% registration of old & new birth children.
- Ensure activation of PHC/CHC sub centre in 3 Bandar .
- To develop in-depth understanding of team on malnutrition issues in 3 bandar .
- To ensure reduction of malnutrition cases through activation of 5 ICDS centers in 3 bandar .
- To ensure children are free from child labour in 3 bandar .
- Reduction in cases of child marriage in Bandar.
- Strengthening children groups in 31 operational area.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
- Right to Development
- Total Grant Approved
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics