on the details of
Mr. Parvez Rizvi, the Project holder has been involved in social development activities since his college days. Thus he felt the need to systematize efforts and formed the organization Doaba Vikas Evam Utthan Samiti registered in 1992 which has been involved in the social and economic upliftment of people living in Kaushambi district.
Kaushambi district is classified as one of the 20 backward districts in Uttar Pradesh under the Backward District Initiative lan under the Rashtriya Sam Vikas Yojana in India. Kaushambi district got a place in the list of 150 districts to benefit from the recently launched Employment Guarantee Scheme. The scheme would be for digging ponds, digging drains and to level the agricultural land of BPL families in case they are undulating. The scheme would guarantee 100 days of work for each family under BPL. The infant sex-ratio of 850 is worse than the sex ratio of the district as a whole.
Other issues of this area include land alienation among the mariginalized, as 90% of the agricultural land is owned by the upper caste communities; high degree of unemployment; poor social infrastructure including low literacy and lack of adequate number of primary schools; lack of public health infrastructure and high Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and high incidence of Child Labor.
- To cater to the education needs of the children belonging to the disadvantaged group in the area.
- To benefit from government programs so as to make them more realistic and beneficial for the targeted persons, with special focus on children.
- To work towards empowerment of women through formation of women's group and by providing awareness education and economic independence so as to make them equal partners in the development process.
- To empower and motivate people towards forming exploitation free society, which guarantees children their rightful place andriority in the society.
Review, Impact and Plans
- Organizing birth registration camp.
- Awareness amongst the community about malnutrition and its repercussions, malnutrition campaigns in all the villages. Catering to special needs of Grade IV malnourished children.
- Strengthening of the ICDS centres, Health centres and PDS.
- Liasion with teachers and Gram Panchayat for mainstreaming of drop out children.
- 10 Public Distribution Shops will be studied and a detailed analytical report on PDS structure and system will be prepared.
- Cases of corruption in NREGA will be documented.
- 100% child marriage cases will be recorded; Child Marriage restrain Act 1929 will be discussed with the community.
- Formation and strengthening of Bal groups (Children's groups) in new intervention areas.
- To organize a Bal mela to enable children to express and nurture their creativity and exhibit their talent and self expression.
- About CRY
- About CRY America
- CRY America Vision & Mission
- Child Rights Charter
- Contact Us
- Projects We Support
- Project Impact
- USA Projects
- Stories Of Hope
- Project Selection and Review
- Child Rights
- Children Statistics