Rashtriya Jharkhand Seva Sansthan (RJSS)
Location: 12 villages of Satgawan (kataiya and mirganj) and Koderma Block (chatarwar and sadar) in Koderma district, Jharkhand
Since 1995 Mr. Manoj Kumar and Vijay Kumar two friends decided to work on social issues and formed an organization, so Rashtriya Jharkhand Seva Sansthan(RJSS) came into being on 21st May 1999 with the help of their two friends Mr. Ram Nandan Prasad and Mr. Birendra Kumar with a vision to make a model society where injustice disparity atrocities have no place.
Satgama block is comprised of 14 Gram Panchayats and 144 Revenue villages total population of which is about 75,000. Most common issues of the area are issue of untouchability; discrimination among castes and communities based on social and economic stratification, gender discrimination is also common. SCs and Dalits are mostly wage earners and eke out their living by working in brick kilns, sometime by rearing animals, leaf plate making and mica collection in abandoned mines. These people seasonally migrate to other places for livelihood sources.
- Malnourishment among dalit children is the single biggest issue. It has a linkage with the gross disparity between dalits and rest of the communities.
- Working children who used to collect Dhibra (small debris of mica) along with their parents were mostly denied of their minimum rights to have education.
- To add to these plights of children, alcoholism among the adults was a common cause for further neglect of children.
- Dalits are mostly landless people and dependent on daily labour. A part of this community is also dependent on forest based livelihood and rest work as daily labour.
- Bonded labour was common among dalits until very recently; these dalits used to work in upper caste peoples land and were given land to reside over. There are villages were people still do not have land rights even on their homestead lands.
- To create awareness among community /PRI Members regarding the rights and entitlement of children education, health, nutrition and prevention of the child abuse, child marriage and child labour.
- To enhance collective knowledge and power of the target group to secure their entitlements in regards to livelihood, social security, education, health and nutrition.
- Advocacy to develop model school, hospital and ICDS centers by strengthening the existing Govt. institution.
- To develop institutional mechanism for realization of rights and entitlement on sustainable basis.
- Provide basic educational, health nutrition and social infrastructure to mainstream the children.
- Analysis of the basic problem through development of Micro Plan and accordingly build the capacity /empower the target community and establish the institutional mechanism for realization of their rights and entitlement in respect of health, education and child abuse.
- Formation and empowerment of CBOs, Community group, and other village level institutions.
- Creation of a model School, hospital and ICDS centers so that it can be replicated in the area.
- Capacitating the school management, teachers, Sahiya, Hospital Management unit to create a model of providing services in the area.
- Assist the school, hospitals and ICDS centres by holistic collaboration by the community and by supporting from the project fund to create a model.
- Providing a common place to the children to get all rights and entitlement information of the children.
- Providing technical and motivational support to children, CBOs, PRI members, SHGs and other village level institutions for advocacy and long term sustainability.
- Mainstreaming the excluded target community to mainstream their children by ensuring their participation in planning, decision making.
- Working with various stakeholders for implementation of various government schemes
- Capacity building of the staffs on rights and entitlement of the children and also the existing committee.
- Development of Micro Plan , giving special focus on child right , mapping of the vulnerable children, target children, assisting target services , wealth ranking of their parents and social and resource mapping with special focus on the children.
- Formation or strengthening of existing Village health committee, Rogo Kalyan Samiti of Hospitals and Mata Samiti in the ICDS centers is the key to start strengthening the existing system of the Govt.
- To focus on creating a model of providing services by assisting the Schools, hospital and ICDS centres and also by supporting small fund to uplift the services.
- Additional support provided through computer education to enhance the skill of the students and create interest in the studies in view of creating a model institution
- Supporting the schools on cultural activities and on sports in view of creating a model school.
- Advocacy at the block level and district level is the key of getting all the specified services in the institution.
- Mobilizing community group for creating pressure among the government is prime focus of the project
|Particulars||Amount (US $)|
|Right to Development||3,151|
|Right to Survival||3,992|
|Right to Protection||420|
|Right to Participation||3,572|
America are tax-deductible. CRY America, PO. Box 850948, Braintree, MA 02185-0948. Tel. 339-235-0792 and 617-959-1273.