WELCOME TO RALEIGH ACTION CENTER
CRY America works towards restoring to underprivileged children, especially Indian, their basic rights to survival, protection, development and participation. We believe that each of us as individuals can make a difference. All it takes is the belief that "Change is possible, because I'll make it possible". CRY America's strength lies in its supporters – our volunteers, donors, media and project partners who have come together to change the situation of underprivileged children.
The Raleigh- Durham area action center is a fairly new action center run full on by innovative teenagers who have come together to try to make a positive difference in children's lives. These teenagers endeavor to give other children the rights that they are so grateful to have. The Core leader Nishant Singh and his team made up by Pavan Devarasetty, Kanwar Singh, Vidhya Bala, Meghana Kodali and Gauri Joshi have created this local chapter that has been determined to raise funds and awareness in the area since 2012.
- Shikha Sing AC Co-Lead email@example.com
- Nishant Singh President of North Carolina AC firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pavan Devarasetty Vice President of North Carolina AC and President of North Carolina State University Chapter. email@example.com
- Rohanit Singh President of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapter. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nehali Watwe & Shreejal Shah High School Chapter Leads
"We are a group of teenagers who didn't have experience but we saw a need and wanted to do something."
"I come to the meetings and try to publicize about CRY America and our events. People should definitely volunteer, it's rewarding, a great cause and a good way to spend your time by doing something that actually has an impact."
"This cause helps a lot of underprivileged children. I feel bad that kids don't have an opportunity to some of the simplest things like shoes or clothing. This is a way to help and have fun while doing it."