How many times have you come across images of children digging through trash looking for food? How many times have you actually seen an underage child working at a business and wished you could do something about it? We all come across these difficult images and situations - this is your opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children you've seen struggling to survive.
Consider these predictions for India:
- 2 million Indian children will die before their first birthdays from entirely preventable causes
- 75 million will go to bed hungry each night
- 500,000 unborn babies and infants will be killed just because they are female
- 1 in 6 girls will die before she turns 12
CRY was founded in 1979 by Rippan Kapur, 6 of his friends and Rs.50. We act as a link between individuals with resources and the fieldworkers who lack them. Enablers of community movements that take responsibility for its most vulnerable members and catalyses change on their behalf.
CRY focuses on four basic rights of children:
- Right to Survival – to life, health, nutrition, name, nationality
- Right to Protection – from exploitation, abuse, neglect
- Right to Development – to education, care, leisure, recreation, cultural activities
- Right to Participation – to expression, information, thought, religion
We have been personally donating to CRY for several years and have seen them make a difference in the lives of millions of children. We look forward to your enthusiastic support for this very worthy cause. Please join our team by clicking on the link at the top of this page or donate by clicking on the 'Donate or Pledge' link on the left.
Thank you for your support.
- Sudha, Girish & Anushka Rao
(CRY America is a 501c (3) tax exempt organization, and all donations to CRY America are tax-deductible.)