Chicago CRY Walk 2009
If life is a race, some children start last. Underprivileged and marginalized, millions of India’s children are deprived of their basic human rights – to food, water, shelter, health care and education. Come, be part of this unique opportunity to create a lasting change in the lives of millions of marginalized children in India, living thousands of miles away from you. We need your support – register for the event, donate, become a fundraiser, help with event sponsorships or become a team captain!
A variety of skill levels are invited to participate in this year’s Chicago CRY Walk event. All participants will receive an attractive CRY T-shirt.
Become a CRY Walk Team Captain - participants who register in Teams of 15 will have their team logo displayed our Chicago Action Center’s website and special mention during event! Lots of photographs will be displayed on our website after the event.
Special Recognition Awards
We will be awarding two trophies this year:
- For the individual/team that raises the most funds for the event.
- For the individual/team that has the most participants at the event by 9am.
5k Walk will start time at 9:30 am.
Onsite registration and packet pickup from 8:30 am.
Attractive T-shirt for all participants.
Post event entertainment for kids
Walk Registration Fees:
Adults - $15; Students - $10; Couples - $25; Family of four - $45.
- Online registration will close on Sep 19th @11:59pm.
- Online registration after Sep 11th may not include a t-shirt.
- Onsite Registration will be $20, and may not include the t-shirt.
- Donations of $100 or more are eligible for free registration (up to six entries). Please contact CRYWalk@crychicago.org for registering.
- If you wish to make a donation for a specific team, please click on the team name at the bottom of this page and then click on the 'Donate or Pledge' link.
Become a Walk Fundraiser:
The resources raised through CRY Walk 2009 will be utilized to partner child development projects in India and USA. We urge you to take a walk in the right direction!
If would like to set up a Fundraising Page – just click the "become a Fundraiser" badge on this page! Customize your personal fundraising page and email it out to friends, family and co-workers and ask them to make a contribution on your fundraising page - thank you and good luck on your fundraising campaign!
Note to Families: Families and strollers are welcome to participate in the Walk. We encourage children to be a part of this event.
About CRY Walk 2009: CRY Walk for Child Rights is in its sixth year and is being organized across 15 Cities this year – this is one of our efforts to bring together people from all walks of life who want to be part of a movement to ensure that underprivileged children attain their rights to a healthy childhood.
About Chicago Action Center: To know more about us, visit http://www.crychicago.org