- Half of India’s children do not get sufficient food to eat.
- Half of India’s children, who are old enough, do not go to school. They are forced by their circumstances to go to work instead.
- Girl children are singled out and not treated well because of their gender
Today, we take the right to survival, the right to protection, the right to development, the right to participation for granted but unfortunately, this is not true for thousands of children and young people across the world. They are not recognized as children, nor have the freedom to enjoy their childhood. Instead they are burdened with adult responsibilities and worries.
What can be better than supporting an underprivileged child’s education or preventing her from succumbing to child labor or beggary? Nothing in fact; by donating to charity you can also change someone’s future positively.
On 29th August, I walk for the rights of each child & to give them an opportunity to make their lives better.
CRY Walk is one of the yearly events organized by CRY CT Action Center to raise funds for underprivileged children in India and the US.
* 5K charity walk * Live Music by Indaz Beats
* T-Shirts & Refreshments for Participants * Exciting Raffle & Fun Activities for Kids
Venue: Riverfront Plaza, 300 Columbus Blvd.,Hartford,CT,06103
If you want to join us, click on "Join ShilpiSaurabh" on top of the page & register for the CRY Walk, select team name "ShilpiSaurabh" & team password is "password123" .
If you are not in CT, you may still make yourself count by donating towards a child's future by clicking on 'Donate or Pledge' on the left side of this page.
Life is Short,Childhood is shorter...ACT NOW!!!