• 10,000 children die every single day in India. More than in any tsunami, flood, earthquake, famine or war.
• There are 17 million child laborers in India [Government of India Census]
• 180 out of 581 districts in India have seen primary school enrolments fall [DISE, compiled by NUEPA]
• 88,000 schools (nearly 8%) in India still do not have a blackboard in their classes [2007 Survey by HRD Ministry, UNICEF and NEUPA]
• 46% of children in India are underweight, 38% stunted and 19% wasted... their fate decided even before they turn three [National Family Health Survey, 2007]
• 53% children in India reported having faced one or more forms of sexual abuse [Ministry of Women and Child Development, 2007]
I am shocked by above stastics and there for I have decided to join CRY(Child Rights and You!) to help protect child rights so that all children will have equal oppertunity to learn , grow and play.
I am participating in a walk for this good cause, Would you like to join me for a worthy cause?
Please read the details at
If you wish to register for a walk, Please register at
There are other ways you may help by going through the diffrent links on left side of this page under 'DO WHAT'S RIGHT' section:
To learn more about CRY and it's projects: